2. Plan to attend a special Valentine's Day lunch...with my grandparents...at a potential retirement home.
3. My husband's birthday was last week and I shower him with awesome gifts. Consequently I use up all my gift ideas and fail to come up with anything for today other than a card.
4. Tell my husband not to buy me a stitch of chocolate because I'm on a diet.
5. Over the past week I find zero time to head to the store without at least one child in tow. Which means I did not buy them any cards or gifts, at all. #EpicMomFail
|Obviously not taken this year.|
7. The day before Valentine's day I find out my cleaning lady has a sick kid and can't come. Hosting life group that night means I have to clean but only have time to focus on the areas where company will be, so a romantic bath in a clean jacuzzi tub won't be happening today.
8. No sleeping on clean sheets either. See #7.
And the most unromantic thing of all?
9. Waking up sick as a dog on Valentine's Day with swollen glands, a throat burning like fire and a head full of snot. Instead of a romantic kiss my better half helps me get the kids ready for school while I throw on some sexy sweatpants and start popping pills.
10. As he walks out the door he whispers "Don't worry about dinner, honey, we can just order a pizza."
Now that is what love is all about.
This post is linked up over at Amanda's Top Ten Tuesday. I bet there are some much nicer Valentine's posts over there.