how angry I was when she was diagnosed in March.
One of the last chats I had with Dawn was about music. She knew how much I loved music and when she got her first iPod a few years ago I filled it with songs for her. She wanted upbeat, positive songs that would make her feel like dancing to listen to while cleaning the house or exercising...yeah that was Dawn. So recently she called and asked me for help putting together a mix CD of clean, positive and motivational music she could give away. I was happy to help.
Right now though, I find that when I'm feeling down about being on an earth that Dawn no longer lights up, music helps me. It's so therapeutic and certain songs are a reminder of the comfort and strength only God can provide. So I've made a playlist here of some songs that allow me to feel the pain of loss and yet be encouraged and find hope. Maybe it will help someone else.
1. Reliant K - For The Moments I Feel Faint
2. The Wedding - Song for the Broken
3. When a Heart Breaks - Ben Rector
4. Carry Me - Audrey Assad
5. Steven Curtis Chapman - Jesus Will Meet You There
6. Matt Redman - You Never Let Go
7. Laura Story - Blessings
8. Tenth Avenue North - Hold My Heart
9. Josh Wilson - Before the Morning
10. Gungor - Please Be My Strength
11. David Crowder Band - Never Let Go
12. The Afters - Light Up the Sky
13. Mumford & Sons - After The Storm
14.Christy Nockels - Healing Is In Your Hands
15. Tree 63 - Blessed Be Your Name
Do you find certain songs to be comforting when you're going through tough times?
This post is linked up at Amanda's Top Ten Tuesday.