Did I mention here that I got a Kindle? Yep, my wonderful husband surprised me with one for Mother's Day. Over at his sports blog for at least the second year in a row there is a post where lots of people list what books they plan to read this summer. It's interesting to me since the community there is mostly guys with a few sports minded gals. A surprisingly huge number of lawyers are super active in that community too, and they like to read.
So with my new Kindle they assure me I will do a lot more reading and I believe them. So I've created a rather ambitious (for me) list of books I'd like to read before the summer is over. You'll notice I prefer non-fiction. I also have a penchant for business and marketing books, and books on Christian living. Here goes:
1. Crazy Love by Francis Chan. Our Life Group is reading this so I've already started.
2. 1000 Gifts by Ann Voskamp. I started this but never finished. It is SO good.
3. Quitter by Jon Acuff. Just finished another of his books and it was awesome.
4. Bossypants by Tina Fey. I have heard great things about this one.
5. The War of Art by Stephen Pressfield. Although I have read sections of this, I've never read the whole thing.
6. Linchpin by Seth Godin. Seth is the master.
7. Ignore Everyone by Hugh MacLeod. Notice a trend here?
8. Don't Make Me Come Up There by Kristen Welch. Already bought my friend's book, just haven't read it yet.
9. Content Rules by C. C. Chapman. Cuz he rocks.
10. Today We Are Rich by Tim Sanders. I heard Tim talk a few times and I'm totally buying whatever he is selling.
So now I want to hear what YOU are planning to read this summer. Tell me in the comments. And if there are any fiction titles you think I would really LOVE, please let me know.
This post is linked up over at Amanda's Top Ten Tuesdays! 52D7ADH2XJT8