Summer is finally here! Time to set some goals for myself.
2. Paint a room. Even if it's just the tiny power room. Not a single wall in this house nor the last house we bought has ever been painted. I know I can do this!
3. Start a new blog. Don't worry, this one isn't going anywhere. The new blog is a super secret project I'm starting with a friend of mine that will have a very niche purpose.
4. Hang some shelves. In both kids rooms and my bedroom. Because there aren't any and I think they look nice, especially with frame photos sitting on them.
5. Read a book. A whole novel, start to finish. I don't read books anymore, and especially not fiction ones, but I'm inspired to try one this summer. Maybe Katherine Center's Get Lucky?
6. Organize my office. This mostly means filing the stacks of important papers like bills and paystubs that have been laying around for months. Getting rid of books, since my bookshelves are jammed full. Possibly buying a whole new desk, since mine is falling apart.
7. Optimize the desktop computer. I've been avoiding doing anything with it, nobody uses is anymore except the kids. But it's essentially unusable. It needs RAM and probably a new operating system. This is a pretty ambitious project actually.
8. Lose a dress size. Shouldn't be hard, right? :)
9. Volunteer at our local crisis pregnancy center. I donate money there but I want to give them some time as well. They help a ton of teen moms, single moms, and dads too with counseling, diapers and clothes and other physical needs.
10. Write music. I'd be happy with one decent song. This goal also involves improving my languishing piano skills. I want to inspire Nathan to want to play the piano as well.
Wow, that's a lot of stuff to get accomplished in a few short months. It'll be fun to see what I can cross off the list on Labor Day weekend!
What are some of your personal missions for this summer?