So! A New Year's Meme I stole from my dear friend DCRMom at Musings of a Housewife.
1. What did you do in 2006 that you had never done before?
Hm. Crash into the Christmas tree while doing a headstand.
2. Did you keep your new years resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I really never make them.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes! My sister, my BIL's fiance, and several friends. Lotsa babies!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, both of Mike's grandmothers.
5. What countries did you visit?
I guess I didn't visit any last year. That may be a first for me.
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
A finished basement. Seriously.
7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The day I found out I'd miscarried. Also July 9th, the day my sister had her baby.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Either taking awesome newborn photos of my niece or giving presentations in front of a big crowd of engineers at WEFTEC.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Probably failing to consistantly cook decent meals for my husband or keep my house clean.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Well there was the whole runner's knees problem that is better with rehab and NOT running.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Totally Norton the Nikon D50. Changed my life.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Probably Nathan the angel child. Although the past few days he's been difficult. I think he's not feeling well.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The people who trashed my sister in the media for leading the Virginia Marriage Amendment. I understand why they are opposed to her cause, but she's not a liar, she's not stupid, and she's not all those other things people called her.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Who knows. Paying the bills, right? House, childcare, food, cars, clothes.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going to Dallas for WEFTEC. It did not disappoint.
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
Probably either Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol or Bad Day by Daniel Powter.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
a) I have no idea how I was feeling this time last year. I'm pretty happy though!
b) I'm not sure if I'm thinner or fatter than this time last year. I was thinner at some points last year, but I've let it go in the past couple weeks.
c) Richer. Thanks to saving, net worth keeps going up up up! Yeah baby.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Sit on my ass. Although I probably move more than most people.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
At my house with my grandparents. It was pretty relaxing.
21. Did you fall in love in 2006?
Yeah, with the baby I lost.
Hm, 22 is missing.
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Heros. Hands down fave. Grey's and Studio 60 are close seconds.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No. There are a couple women I thought were super cool but when I got to know them I found them to be irritating snobs. Don't worry, nobody that reads this blog!
25. What was the best book you read?
The Davinci Code, I guess. Or Angels and Demons, same author.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Maybe the David Crowder Band. Fan-fricking-tastic modern worship music. I also seem to like almost everything by the All-American Rejects and the Killers.
27. What did you want and get?
Uh, the camera. I mentioned that already.
28. What did you want and not get?
Kid #2. But fear not, all in good time.
29. What was your favorite film this year?
Hmmmm....the Breakup? That sounds so pathetic.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
31 and we had lunch with my sister's family and my mom at PF Chang's, my fave.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Finishing the basement.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
I totally dove into the whole stylish/sexy thing this year. Lots of sparkly lowcut tops to wear with jeans and heels. Other than that it was a LOT of yoga wear. Gym clothes all the time.
32. What kept you sane?
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Fancy? I dunno, maybe Patrick Dempsey. He's HAWT.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Trying to get Rick Santorum re-elected. So sad.
36. Who did you miss?
I always miss my dad, but I also miss my sister who is too far away.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
I met so many AWESOME people this year. The people I really got to know and like best include, but are not limited to, (besides bloggers), Carolyn, Dawn, Kimber, Ann, Rikki, Tammy, Lauren, Susan, Yoga Jen, and Yoga Mark. I seriously made a number of fabulous friends.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006.
Our children are not ours for keeps, they are only on loan to us from God.